Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A little ditty

let's sing a song
if you like you can hum along
dance around like there's nothing wrong
not a care in the world

we'll throw our heads back and give in
to the music all around
the jingle and jangle
they tingle and tangle me up
a doo a ditty, oh

follow me
I know a spot beneath the apple tree
we can sit and watch the mountains be
just take in the world

when I close my eyes
I start to feel a little smile
you can step inside
oh won't you stay a little while
get a whiff of the flowers
take a sip of the wine
what will set you free
a sweet and silly melody
so open up and sing
a little ditty

happy feet
skipping down a cracked and cobbled street
to a lightly syncopated beat
what a wonderful world

when I close my eyes
I start to feel a little smile
you can step inside
oh won't you stay a little while
get a whiff of the flowers
take a sip of the wine
what will set you free
a sweet and silly melody
hear the symphony
of tapping feet
the humming trees
and whistling breeze
feel the beck and call
to join a long
so open up and sing
a little ditty for me (x 3)

1 comment:

  1. ah marlena! just listened to this, and it TOTALLY DOES NOT SUCK. wow, it's really lovely, and i like the lyrics. ok, bar set high apparently.

    ReplyDelete