Glad to become a blog contributor! We're trying to get back into writing music. And I feel like I gotta explain myself with this song. (I'll probably edit this post later to sound more eloquent.)
Due to my ongoing obsession with Nine Inch Nails, and my growing interest in metal and industrial music, I wanted to write an electronic industrial rock/goth/metal song. Not entirely clear what genre it fits into. There was a period right between highschool and 1st semester college when I wrote a ton of electronic music, and it's time to start it up again. I love writing the backing tracks and arranging the sound. The problem, as always, is my lack of lyric and vocal ability. So..... caveat?
This song is about an unstable [cloth] simulation. I spend all day dealing with those at work, so it felt pretty natural. Of course, it's supposed to be metaphor for a bad relationship or something, but I tried to get as many subtle sim references in there as possible. I was also debating the use of curse words, since I try to use them sparingly in everyday life, but it felt appropriate in this song. Sorry mom.
I'm also really interested in making visuals for music, and have resolved to make a 15 second Instagram video for every song I make. Not too hard... This one is pretty simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment